Best Detox Soup Recipes
Cleansing is not new. It has only growing bigger and more popular with passing time. That’s because cleansing is beneficial for you if you wish to change your diet to a healthier and more nutritious one. We also know that not everyone likes to have smoothies or juice for cleansing, especially in the chilly winter months. This is where soup detox becomes the ideal solution.
A typical soup detox routine requires you to eat soup for a single day or a few consecutive days. This is a great way to cleanse as this diet provides around 1200 calories per day. People are innovative and it’s not surprising that there are numerous soup detox recipes out there. They may contain different ingredients but they all aim to cleanse your body, help you lose unwanted weight and energize you.
We’ve decided to list two of the best detox soup recipe:
1 – Chicken Soup for Detox
Our choice chicken soup recipe for detox is filled with Vitamin C, anti-inflammatory, metabolism-enhancing and antioxidant-packed ingredients. This recipe is essential if you want to cleanse your body and boost your immune system.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts in 1-inch pieces
- 2 separate tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 sliced onion
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 diced celery ribs
- 2 peeled and diced carrots
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 16 ounces thinly sliced cremini mushroom
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch of kale with stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can of drained and rinsed cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
Once you have all the above ingredients prepared and handy, follow the directions given below to cook up a tasty, healthy chicken soup for detox:
- Use a Dutch oven or large stockpot on medium flame to heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Use salt and ground black pepper to add taste. Next, add the chicken to the stockpot/oven and let it cook for around 2 to 3 minutes until it turns golden, then set it aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the stockpot once more. Then add the celery, carrots and onion to the mix. Cook the vegetables for around 3 to 4 minutes, until they get tender, by stirring it occasionally.
- Next, add mushrooms and garlic and keep stirring it occasionally, for around 5 to 6 minutes, until you see them turn brown and tender. Then add the thyme and oregano and stir for at least 1 minute, until you can smell the distinct fragrance.
- Then add the chicken stock and bay leaves before bringing the mix to a boil. Add the orzo pasta, chicken pieces and rosemary next. Make sure to lower the flame at this stage and let the mix simmer for around 10 to 12 minutes, as long as it takes for the pasta to turn tender.
- Add the kale and cannellini beans and stir the mix for at least 3 to 4 minutes, until you see the kale wilting visibly. Then add lemon juice and parsley, stir the mix and then add salt and pepper to taste.
That’s it! Your amazing and delicious chicken detox soup is ready.
2 – Vegetable Soup for Detox
Alternately, we have an excellent detox soup recipe for vegetarians too. Check out what goes into making the best and most mouth-watering vegetable soup for detox.
- Olive oil
- Diced red onion
- Minced garlic
- Fresh, peeled and minced ginger
- Chopped carrots and celery
- Split cauliflower florets and broccoli florets in small sections
- Turmeric (optional)
- Italian seasoning
- Pink Himalayan salt
- De-stemmed and cut kale
- Cracked black pepper
- Chopped purple cabbage
- Juiced lemon
- Handful of parsley
Once you have collected all the ingredients, you need to follow the simple directions given below to cook up a pot of delicious vegetable detox soup for overall body cleansing:
- Cut vegetables in same-sized pieces. Leave the kale out for half an hour before serving.
- Take a large pot, add oil to it and put the flame on medium-high to heat it. Add ginger, garlic and onion and let the mix sauté by stirring it occasionally for 2 minutes. Next, add the cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and celery pieces. Stir and keep cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, until the vegetables turn tender. Then add diced tomatoes and turmeric and let it cook.
- Next, add water to the sautéed vegetables and bring them to a boil. Lower the flame and let the mix simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables become soft. Then add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper (to taste), cabbage, kale and lemon juice before stirring it on simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Chop parsley and sprinkle.
And that’s how you make the best vegetable soup for detox.
Both the above-given detox soup recipes are incredibly effective in full-body cleansing. Eating our detox soup recipe for a few days in a row is an excellent way to get rid of toxins from the body, ensure faster and better metabolism while giving you a constant supply of energy.