What is the Best Homemade Detox Tea for Skin?
Soft, smooth skin is extremely desirable. However, the toll of time and lifestyle on your skin is inevitable. Toxins are another major reason for skin problems.
People turn to expensive cosmetics in the name of skincare, little knowing that most of these products harm the skin even more.
On the other hand, herbal teas have been found to have exceptionally beneficial results for achieving healthy, youthful skin.
Herbal teas contain zero calories. They are devoid of caffeine and also help meet your hydration goals. Hydration is extremely crucial for glowing skin.
Additionally, herbal teas help keep the skin clear from the inside by offering numerous essential nutrients that ensure young, beautiful-looking skin naturally. Herbal teas are even effective to reverse the signs of aging, such as premature wrinkles and fine lines on the face and even acne.
Why are herbal teas good for the skin?
Herbal teas are capable of cleansing your body by removing impurities from the liver. A healthy liver is essential for healthy skin.
Herbal teas have extensive antioxidant properties. Antioxidants are crucial for naturally healthy skin as they prevent free radicals to damage skin cells.
A detox regimen consisting of your favorite herbal tea will help you transform your aging skin into a youthful, glowing one.
5 Best homemade detox tea for skin
You may be aware that every individual’s physiology differs significantly. This means that different substances may have varying effects from individual to individual. Thus, there can’t be one perfect tea for all.
Hence, we have created a list of the best homemade detox tea for the skin:
1 – Green detox tea recipe
Green tea is filled with polyphenols, which is an excellent antioxidant. It is incredible for internal cleansing as it contains a significantly larger proportion of antioxidants as compared to other teas.
- Green tea – 1 bag
- Turmeric – ¼ teaspoon
- Cinnamon stick – 1-inch long
- Purified water – 2 cups (near boiling)
- Add the teabag and spices to a teacup
- Pour hot water into the mix
- Steep the teabag as instructed on the box
- Remove tea bag and stir the mix until the spices dissolve completely
2 – Lemon detox tea recipe
Lemon contains numerous essential nutrients and is an excellent antioxidant. When you make this herbal homemade tea as part of your daily diet, you will get a healthier body along with youthful, glowing skin.
- Lemon – ½
- Cayenne – 1 pinch
- Green tea/boiling water – 1-2 cups
- Take a large glass
- Fill it with warm water or green tea (according to preference)
- Squeeze half a lemon into it
- Add the pinch of cayenne
- Stir till the spices mix well
3 – Lemon ginger detox tea recipe
Ginger is a renowned detoxifier. It is also known to suppress appetite. This is extremely helpful when you want to avoid harmful chemicals and toxins in your body which often arise from consuming excess food.
Lemon is also incredibly helpful for a healthy body and skin as it helps curb appetite by shrinking your stomach. It is also an excellent antioxidant thanks to the abundance of Vitamin C. This herbal detox tea recipe has the benefits of both these incredible ingredients.
- Water – 2 cups
- Lemon juice
- Lemon ginger green tea leaves
- Raw honey (optional)
- Boil 2 cups of water in a kettle
- Put lemon ginger green tea leaves and let the mix steep for 5 minutes
- Pour 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Drip a few drops of honey if the tea is too bitter for your preference
4 – Turmeric detox tea recipe
This herbal detox tea recipe has a mix of spices. Additionally, turmeric is known for improving liver functions and enhancing skin quality. This herbal detox tea recipe is excellent for its taste and the ability to give you glowing, beautiful skin.
- Water – 2 cups
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Herbal tea leaves – 1-2 teaspoons
- Black pepper – 1 pinch
- Lemon juice (optional) – ½ teaspoon
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot
- Add herbal tea leaves and turmeric powder in the boiling water
- Sprinkle a pinch of black pepper
- Let the brew steep for 5 minutes
- Pour boiling water into a mug
- Strain the mix from the pot into the mug using a fine-mesh sieve
- Add half teaspoon lemon juice for taste
5 – Cinnamon detox tea recipe
Cinnamon, as mentioned earlier, has excellent antioxidant properties as it helps to remove harmful free radicals from your system. A detoxified body results in young, glowing skin.
Additionally, cinnamon has considerable health benefits, including being anti-diabetic as it improved your body’s response to insulin.
- Water – 2 cups
- Cinnamon – 2-3 small sticks
- Cardamom – 2-3 pods
- Ginger – ½ teaspoon (shredded)
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan
- Add cinnamon sticks, ginger and cardamom pods to the boiling water
- Let the mix simmer for about 5 minutes
- Remove from the stove and strain the tea using a fine sieve into a mug
Herbal teas are renowned for their incredible health benefits. Now you know how helpful herbal teas are to achieve youthful, glowing skin.
These top 5 homemade detox teas for skin are bound to help you fight the signs of aging. Feel free to let us know which of the above homemade detox tea for the skin was most beneficial for you and share your experience with us.