5 Detox Smoothies to Cleanse Your Body
Detox smoothies offer an incredibly tasty and terrific way to get rid of the toxins inside your body. These are also effective in losing unwanted additional weight too.
Detox smoothies are a mix of healthy vegetables and fruits. It is easy to make and you can prepare delicious detox smoothies at home using the usual ingredients found in your kitchen.
Make sure to have a strong kitchen blender or Vitamax machine to prepare healthy, refreshing smoothies.
Benefits of Detox Smoothies
An ideal detox smoothie is rich in essential nutrients, including vitamins, fiber, antioxidants and other helpful ingredients. These combine to flush the toxins out of your system successfully.
Besides, detox smoothies contain a significant amount of water which keeps the body hydrated and boosts your metabolism simultaneously.
Here are the incredible benefits of trying detoxing smoothie recipes:
- Noticeably improved skin quality
- Healthier digestion
- Improved metabolism
- Reduces inflammation
- Swifter weight loss
- Better sleep
- Enhanced energy levels
- Avoids hunger pangs and cravings
- Longer life expectancy
Hence, detox smoothies are incredibly healthy and helpful for a strong and effective immune system too.
Best Delicious Detox Smoothie Recipes
Now that you know the benefits of using detox smoothies, let’s take a detailed look at our selected delicious detox smoothie recipes:
1 – Fruity Kale Detox Smoothie
Everyone knows how incredibly beneficial kale is for your health. So, a smoothie with kale in it is bound to help you regain better health and keep your immune system strong.
- 4 baby kale leaves
- ½ cup grapefruit
- ½ cup green grapes
- ½ cup watermelon
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Handful mint leaves
- Pinch of salt
- Wash all fruits before cutting or juicing them.
- Blend the kale leaves, grapes, watermelon and mint leaves
- Add the juice of half a grapefruit, a pinch of salt, pepper and stir well.
- Kale contains Vitamins A, C and K, manganese, copper, potassium, calcium and dietary fibers. These lower cholesterol levels, help lose unwanted additional weight and improve cardiovascular functions as well as fight cancer.
- Grapes contain ample amounts of Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Vitamin B2 along with copper. These help regular blood sugar levels, improve cognitive functions and prevent microbial infections.
2 – Green Detox Smoothie
This ranker on our list of the best detox smoothie recipes boasts of being the ultimate metabolism booster. This detox is incredibly beneficial for its extensive antioxidant properties.
- ½ avocado
- 1 kiwi
- 1 celery stick
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed powder
- Freshly ground peppercorns
- A handful of mint leaves
- Scoop out the avocado flesh and cut it into medium-sized cubes
- Peel the kiwi and place it in a blender along with the cut avocado pieces and run it
- Cut the celery stick in half and mix it in the blender
- Add a few mint leaves, a pinch of salt and sunflower seed powder and give the blender another spin
- Add freshly ground peppercorn before serving the smoothie
- Avocados contain extensive antioxidants, including neoxanthin, lutein, chrysanthemaxanthin, Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- Kiwi contains phytonutrients and vitamins that protect the DNA from damage, remove harmful free radicals from the body, prevent aging disorders, such as arthritis, colon cancer and improve cardiovascular functions.
3 – Vegan Detox & Fat Burn Smoothie
This incredibly excellent vegan smoothie recipe is powerful and protects your body against cardiovascular diseases and even cancer.
- 1 tomato
- ½ cup baby carrots
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 celery stick
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder
- A handful of coriander leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- Wash all vegetables thoroughly first
- Chop the baby carrots, tomato, coriander leaves and celery stick before piling them in the blender and switching it on.
- Fry 2 tablespoons of cumin seeds without oil in a frying pan before grinding the seeds into a powder and storing it in an air-tight jar.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass, add the juice of half a lemon, a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper then stir well
- Carrots are rich in Vitamins, fiber, biotin, minerals and antioxidants which help to improve cardiovascular health and eyesight.
- The large amounts of lycopene in tomatoes are beneficial for healthy bones while fresh tomatoes reduce blood cholesterol levels and protect against several types of cancers too.
4 – Spinach Cucumber Cooling Detox Smoothie
This incredible detox smoothie recipe not just helps to keep you healthy and rejuvenated it is also an excellent choice for a drink during the hot summer months.
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- ½ lemon
- ½ cucumber
- A handful of mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- Remove the stems from the spinach leaves before chopping the leaves and cucumber and then piling them into the blender together
- Put the handful of mint leaves and add a pinch of salt before giving the blender a go
- Take two tablespoons of cumin seeds and fry them in a frying pan without any oil then grind the roasted cumin seeds before storing them in an air-tight glass jar
- Shift the spinach smoothie from the blender into a glass, add the juice of half a lemon and half teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder before stirring well and serving
- Spinach is incredibly nutritious and keeps cancer away while strengthening the bones simultaneously.
- Cucumbers help improve cardiovascular health and even fight against cancer-causing agents.
5 – Coconut Water & Berries Detox Smoothie
This incredibly delicious and soft detox smoothie is excellent to cleanse the colon, improve heart functions and boost immunity powers.
- q/2 cup tender coconut
- 1 glass tender coconut water
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 blueberries
- 1 medium-sized gooseberry
- Mint leaves
- Put the tender coconut, strawberries, mint leaves and blueberries in the blender.
- Remove the seeds carefully from the gooseberry before cutting the gooseberry into four pieces and adding it to the mix in the blender before switching it on.
- Next, add coconut water into the blender and spin it for a few seconds.
- Pour the mix into a glass and serve cold
- Tender coconut is rich in vitamins, fiber, proteins and electrolytes which help regular blood sugar levels, as well as clean the colon and help to lose unwanted, additional weight.
- This smoothie contains ample amounts of other vitamins and essential nutrients that help to improve skin, hair and heart health along with boosting the immunity prowess of the user.
These incredibly delicious detox smoothie recipes are highly recommended if you wish to cleanse your body of harmful toxins and to improve your overall health.
Feel free to try one or more of these top delicious detox smoothie recipes and make sure to let us know your experience.