Top Homemade Detox Tea for Weight Loss
Homemade Detox Tea for Weight Loss – Overview
Detoxing has become an incredibly popular health trend worldwide. A healthy and cleansed body is the ultimate aim for everyone. However, with our fast-paced lifestyle and other commitments, it is not always possible to check what you eat or drink.
This tends to build up the level of toxins in the body, which eventually causes severe health disorders, including obesity and overweight. You may start wondering whether you should visit your doctor or hit the gym.
Although both these options are feasible, it is still recommended to take care of minor weight gain using homemade detox tea for weight loss.
If your goal is overall weight loss below detox tea, recipes might be just what you need but if you want a detox tea recipe to target your stomach area specifically, then take a look at homemade detox tea for a flat stomach.
In this article, we have highlighted the express benefits of using homemade tea for weight loss as well as our top homemade detox tea recipes for losing weight.
Benefits of detox tea for weight loss
Detox teas not only help to remove harmful toxins from the body but is also incredibly effective in other aspects too. For instance, detox teas cleanse your liver, has excellent laxative properties and can curb your appetite considerably.
Detox teas are mainly responsible for ridding the body of the harmful free radicals and toxins which we ingest with conventional food items. These tea recipes contain ingredients that are known as antioxidants. This is additional support when trying to lose extra, unwanted weight.
The top express benefits of using homemade detox tea for weight loss are:
- Reverse obesity/overweight
- Improve digestion
- Reduce inflammation
- Enhances liver functions
- Improves skin quality
- Enhances metabolism
- Boosts energy levels
Now that you know the specific benefits of using detox tea, let’s take a detailed look at our selection of the top homemade detox tea for weight loss.
Recipes for homemade detox tea for weight loss
Here’s our list of the best recipes for homemade tea to lose weight:
1 – Lemon Ginger Tea
Lemon contains Vitamin C in abundance. It is incredibly helpful to boost the digestive system, enhancing immunity power and lose additional weight.
Ginger is renowned for its incredible medicinal properties and is a great detoxifier, helping in boosting immunity and digestion as well as helping to lose unwanted weight.
- Water – 1 cup (300 ml)
- Ginger (grated) – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Heat 1 cup water in a pan
- Add freshly grated ginger and let it simmer on low flame for 5 – 7 minutes
- Strain the mix using a fine cloth into a cup
- Add lemon juice for taste and mix it well
- Serve hot for best results
2 – Fruit Infused Detox Tea
Fruits are extremely good for health. Certain fruits, like mango and pineapple, are renowned for their incredible taste and their health benefits. This fruity detox tea doesn’t only taste good but also works to burn accumulated fat from the body too.
- Water – 1 cup (8 oz)
- Herbal tea / Leaves – 1 teabag / 2 teaspoons (any flavor of your choice)
- Mango (diced) – ¼ cup
- Pineapple (diced) – ¼ cup
- Take 1 cup (8 oz) of water and boil it in a kettle
- Add herbal teabag/leaves to the boiling water and let it simmer for 5 – 7 minutes
- Add diced mango and/or pineapple for the mellow, sweet flavor
- Strain using a fine sieve into a cup
- Serve hot for the best taste
3 – Fennel Detox Tea
Fennel has been conventionally used to treat indigestion, constipation, gas, bloating, water retention and other stomach problems for centuries in traditional medicine.
Fennel is known to boost metabolism, prevent glaucoma, reduce stress, improve eyesight and for cleansing the body. It is excellent to treat hypertension too. Using fennel as the main ingredient in a herbal detox tea is effective in reducing unwanted extra weight.
- Water – 1 cup (300 ml)
- Fennel seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Boil 1 cup (300 ml) water in a pan
- Add 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds
- Let the mixture simmer on a low flame for 5 – 7 minutes
- Strain the mixture using a fine sieve into a cup
- Serve tea hot for best results
4 – Iced Green Detox Tea
This is one of the simplest detox tea recipes for weight loss. You can even combine this recipe with any other conventional detox tea easily. Green tea is renowned for its effectiveness in cleansing the body of harmful free radicals and toxins.
Additionally, iced green tea helps boost metabolism, which is essential to keep your weight within healthy limits.
Ingredients (for 8 servings)
- Water – 7 cups (1 pitcher/jug)
- Herbal green tea bags (paper tags removed) – 5 tea bags
- Lemon (cut into rings) – 1 large-sized lemon
- Orange (cut into rings) – 1 large-sized orange
- Ginger (peeled, sliced into rings) – ¼ cup
- Mango (Fresh/Frozen cut into inch-wide cubes) – ¼ cup
- Pineapple (Fresh/Frozen cut into inch-wide cubes) – ¼ cup
- Take a medium-sized pot and add 7 cups water, ¼ cup peeled and sliced ginger and bring it to boil.
- Switch off the flame once the water boils significantly.
- Add 5 tea bags of herbal green tea into the boiling water and let the mix seep for at least 10 – 15 minutes.
- Strain the mix using a fine cloth sieve into a pitcher/jug and get rid of the ginger and tea bags.
- Next, add lemon, orange, pineapple and mango to the brew
- Let it cool to room temperature before refrigerating
- Serve cold for the best taste
Herbal teas have been used as remedies for numerous ailments, including obesity. Now, you can also enjoy your weight loss journey by going on a cleansing detox tea diet with these delicious and healthy herbal tea recipes.
Make sure to try more than one of these recipes and don’t forget to let us know which homemade detox tea for weight loss is the most effective for you.